August 26, 2008

Internet Workshop for Tanzanian Journalists

Internet Workshop for Tanzanian Journalists

I was interested to join the training for journalists organized by MISA TAN because the training will enable me to widen my knowledge as far as internet is concern.

However I find this training to be very important because internet is a very useful tool to journalists.

Journalists now can be able to access different material through internet, do research, obtain information, download pictures, and communicate with other journalists through email.

Through this training I think, I will be able to use internet effectively while making my duties as a journalist.

Generally I can say the training started smoothly because we started the morning session by doing introduction of workshop and participants of whom I got chance to know some of my colleague journalists whom I have never seen before.

Yesterday was a very interesting day, because I learnt some new things about internet, its effective usage, development globally and how it has changed the world of communication.

All the topics we learnt yesterday seemed to be useful to my profession and here are the topics, How internet has changed societies and communication globally. After we finished this topic we went for tea break.

After we had tea, the second session started and we tried to look on how internet has changed societies before going for lunch break.

After lunch we learnt about journalism in the age of internet and visited some of websites that can enable the availability of information.

Day one of the workshop was successful to me because I now able to book air tickets, find books, sell and buy in the internet e.tc

However yesterday we faced some difficulties because the internet was to slow that we were not able to get the material as expected.

I expect to gain more knowledge as the workshop continues as outlined in the time table and wish MISA TAN will will continue to organize such training from time to time in order to updates journalists in internet effective usage.

No comments: